Our Financial client close to Newport Beach, CA is looking for a permanent Sr. Data Integration Developer to join a highly skilled team of DW & BI Developers who are responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the company’s databases and data integration (ETL) systems that support business applications and business intelligence for the nationwide company. This is a Senior position to be performed under minimal supervision and direction.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalence experience, preferably in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Five (5) or more years of Information Technology experience with a strong focus on Relational databases, application and data integration (ETL), Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience with ETL tools – SSIS.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience with software development – Microsoft .NET.
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise database solutions using Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong working knowledge of T-SQL programming and scripting, as well as optimization techniques
- Working knowledge of C# programming and scripting
- Strong working knowledge of ETL applications such as Microsoft SSIS
- Working knowledge of integrating applications using APIs
- Knowledge of Microsoft cloud a big plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving, collaboration and technical skills
- In-depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with management and end-users to create and evaluate business requirements to support the delivery of effective data solutions.
- Design, develop, optimize, maintain and support ETL processes using Stored Procedures, SQL scripts, C# script and data integration tools such as Microsoft SSIS
- Create technical designs and functional specifications for backend and front-end information systems.
- Participate in the development and testing of database and back-end processes to support system integration and ETL to facilitate the creation and population of repository databases, data marts, and other data integration solutions.
- Design, develop and deploy solutions to support integration with enterprise applications, SaaS applications and other vendor data.
- Create and maintain documentation of processes, databases, applications, and procedures as per department policy.
- Support the design, planning, implementation, administration and maintenance of the database and ETL platform.
- Participate in process automation projects by working with users to understand their business process, designing and developing solutions
- Maintain ETL process jobs and respond to critical data load issues during off hours.