Position Summary: The Data Analyst is responsible for analyses that support Operations, including the maintenance of existing statistical models, and developing new forecast, and other statistical based models. Statistician is expected to perform these duties with limited daily oversight.
- Developing advanced statistical models utilizing typical and atypical methodologies.
- Developing and updating data models for statistical modeling purposes, tracking results against forecasts, and fine-tuning when required.
- Participate in the selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of personnel.
- Tracks, analyzes and interprets trends in data in order to provide relevant conclusions and recommendations to management.
- Occasional overnight travel (up to 20%) by land and/or air.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Must have at least four years experience performing advanced quantitative analyses.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret terabytes of data. Ability to organize findings and translate into actionable insights using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to apply advanced statistical methodologies such as mixed model (random and fixed effects), simultaneous equations, ARIMA, neural networks, and multinomial discrete choice. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as cluster analytics, sampling theory and design of experiments, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and factor analysis.
- Master’s degree (M. A.) in Quantitative discipline (e.g. Math, Statistics, Economics, Bio-Statistics); or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Utilize complex computer operations (intermediate programming in 3rd and 4th generation languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and advanced features of software packages (word-processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.).
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Statistical Software (e.g. SAS, SPSS) and database applications.
- Working knowledge of SAS required.
- Must have relational database experience.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Excel.