The Salesforce Technical lead responsible for technical and functional discussions in all phases of the software development lifecycle and is responsible for the successful implementation of every Salesforce related initiative from a technical perspective. We are seeking a talented, collaborative and innovative individual who will be responsible for the design, configuration, development, integration, technical governance and ongoing support of our Salesforce solution.
Lead software development team, in designing, developing, deploying and delivering applications used by the company contracted-parties business team and clients. You will be responsible for building, integrating and operating a set of software solutions for Salesforce CRM. You will need to define the long-term technical strategy and direction for the service and drive integration, improvement in quality and security. You will decide when to use configuration and it is better to use custom code to achieve product requirements.
- Design, architect, develop and implement secure and scalable critical business solutions in Salesforce.
- Translate Business and User needs into technical requirements and socialize architectural designs to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Create and maintain design documents, including ERDs and Technical Governance standards
- Accelerate the entire build-test-deploy cycle from months to minutes; build upon Agile, Continuous Integration and DevOps practices to transform and automate the delivery of high-quality software.
- Evolving the technical direction of the services.
- Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and executing against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Ensuring the correct operation of the services that your team owns.
- Working with your team members to manage the day-to-day development activities.
- Career development of engineers on your team.
- Hiring engineers for your team.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Proven track record building high-functioning software development teams
- Experience designing and delivering enterprise architecture solutions with Salesforce
- Strong understanding of integration techniques with external applications and microservices
- Strong understanding of data structures and best practices when working with large data volumes
- Experience developing high quality Apex code in Salesforce environment
- Experience with leading ETL tools
- Experience or familiarity with “DevOps”; role will involve developing and implementing process improvements that can involve coordinating multiple stakeholders. Deployment processes should be repeatable, well documented, and involve automation to the maximum extent possible.
- Located near LAX and able to work from the office, and able to travel up to 10%
- 3+ years leveraging ETL tools
- Multiple Salesforce Certifications
- Administrator (required)
- Platform Developer I (required)
- Salesforce Certified Application Architect (preferred)
- Salesforce Certified System Architect (preferred)
- Must have excellent communication skills including fluency in English. Ability to work in a small team, with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will understand the constraints that may limit action; and how their position fits into the ICANN team as a whole.
- Job duties will require use of a computer for prolonged periods of time. The primary method of communicating with external stakeholders is through the Internet.
- Multiple Salesforce Certifications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience working in and around the software-as-a-service and platform-as-a-service architectures and/or industry
- Experience using message-oriented platforms for integration
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or engineering
- 5+ years’ experience managing software development teams
- 7+ years experience programming with Force.com or Java technologies
- Expertise with relational database languages (SQL or SOQL)
- Experience developing on the Salesforce.com platform & API’s
- Experience with data modeling design
- Experience leading and developing highly-skilled software engineering teams
- Proficiency with software architecture, modular and object-oriented design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills